Registration Renewals and Replacements

Geary County residents should receive a renewal reminder in the mail prior to their renewal month that contains the information and instructions needed to renew vehicle tags.
Last Name Starts WithTag Expires On
AFebruary 28 (or 29)
BMarch 31
C through DApril 30
E through GMay 31
H & IJune 30
J through LJuly 31
M through OAugust 31
P through RSeptember 30
SOctober 31
T, V, WNovember 30
U, X, Y, ZDecember 31

How do I renew my tags?

Geary County residents may renew one of the following ways:

  1. Online - use the iKan Service Website website to renew online. (Convenience fee and portal processing fee apply)
    1. NEW! Drivers renewing online now have a 10-day grace period from the day their tags expire to the day they receive the new decal in the mail. Print your receipt and keep it in your car, or save it on your mobile device for proof to law enforcement that you have received your registration and are waiting for the decal to arrive.
  2. Mail Your Renewal - Mail your renewal form, proof of insurance, and a check, cashier's check, or money order made out to the Geary County Treasurer and mail to 200 E 8th Street Junction City, KS 66441.
    1. If you lost your renewal notice or you did not receive one then please make a copy of the current registration and use that in lieu of the renewal notice.
    2. If you need your registration mailed to a specific address please make sure to include that information with the mailed in paperwork.
  3. Visit the Geary County Treasurer's office in person.

Delinquent Personal Property Taxes

If you or your business owes any delinquent personal property taxes you will not be able to register or renew your tags until the taxes are paid in full. The taxes may be paid at the Geary County Treasurer's Office at  200 E 8th Street Junction City, KS 66441.

What will I need to renew my registration?

If the vehicle is currently garaged in Geary County, you'll need:

How can I renew if I didn't receive a notice in the mail?

You can print or download your renewal notice online or click on the link in Quick Links. You can also call our office at 785-238-8109 with your plate number and we can tell you the total or if you provide a good mailing address, mail you a renewal notice.

You can call our office to verify if your registration renewal has been processed. Allow a minimum of five business days to receive your receipt and decal.

How do I renew my handicapped placard?

You may self certify permanent disability at no fee with the Self Certification of Continued Eligibility for Disabled Parking Privilege form (TR-159a).

If you are inquiring about your first handicapped placard you must have a Certification of Disability for Disabled Parking Placard/Plate/Decal form (TR-159) signed and printed by a licensed professional.

Tag Replacements

If you have a stolen tag or decal you will need to report the stolen tag/decal with the police and obtain a case number. If the theft occurred in Geary County, call 785-238-2261 and make the report through the Geary County Sheriff's Office. If the theft occurred in Junction City, make the report through the Junction City Police Department by calling 785-762-5912. If your tag was stolen in any other city, make the report through that city's respective police department by calling them directly.

Bring in the case number, tag number, and proof of insurance to any of the tag office location and we will replace the tag. Fees will apply.