* ATTENTION *
With our County offices currently only seeing the public on an appointment-only basis, please know that you are still able to register to vote! There is a drop box for completed forms outside the door of the County Clerk’s office or you are welcome to mail it in to us.
This form is to be filled out IN ITS ENTIRETY for the following:
- Registering to vote
- If you have moved and would like to change your address
- If you would like to change/update your party affiliation
- If you would like to change your name on your voter registration
** You can also register to vote completely online on the Kansas Secretary of State website. Click here to go to the website.
Kansas elections are conducted by the counties with oversight by the Secretary of State’s Office. Voter registration application forms must be submitted to the county election officer where the applicant lives. Kansans may also register to vote or change their registration information online with a valid Kansas driver’s license or non-driver identification card. The deadline to register to vote is the twenty-first day before any election.
Voter Registration Requirements
Requirements for registering to vote and for voting were impacted by the Secure and Fair Elections law (SAFE Act) of 2011.
- United States Citizen
- A resident of Geary County, Kansas
- 18 years old: by date of next election
- Restoration of civil rights, following a felony conviction
- Abandonment of former name and/or residence in another county/state
Places Where You Can Vote
If you did not receive your polling place with your Voter Registration Card, find out where you can vote by calling the County Clerk and Election Office at 785-238-3912, or visit Voter View online.
Visit our Polling Locations page for maps and images of each polling place located in Geary County.
Advance Voting Information
Advance voting replaces absentee voting. Anyone may vote in advance - you no longer need a reason to vote early in Kansas!
In Geary County, we begin mailing advance voting ballots 20 days prior to Election Day.
**Advance voting in the County Clerk’s office ends at noon, 12pm, the Monday before Election Day!
Vote at the polls in person on Election Day. For more information and a map of your polling place visit our Polling Locations page.
- Vote in advance in person at the County Clerk's Office before Election Day.
- Vote in advance by mail, fill out an Application for Advance Ballot by Mail.
- For more information about a permanent need for an Advance Vote by mail, visit the Application for Permanent Advance Voting Status.
- Please see the Election Calendar for deadlines regarding voting in advance. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Overseas voting, or Federal Services Voting, is available for military personnel and their dependents as well as civilians and their dependents living abroad. A voter must meet the criteria established by the federal Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act.
Registered voters in Kansas who do not qualify under the federal overseas voting rules may apply for an advance ballot.