Personal Property

By law, personal property is taxable in the Kansas. You are required to report all personal property to the County Appraiser each year, on or before March 15th, as long as you own personal Property.

  1. Who Should Report
  2. What Should I Report
  3. When & Where to Report
  4. Property Removed From Kansas

Who needs to list personal property?

Every person, association, company or corporation who owns or holds, subject to his or her control, any taxable personal property is required by law to list the property for assessment. 

If any person, association, company or corporation has in their possession or custody, any taxable personal property belonging to others, it shall be their duty to list the property with the appraiser in the name of the owner of the property.  [K.S.A. 79-303]

Personal property is listed for assessment on a tangible personal property form, also known as rendition.

The Property of:Is Listed By:
A WardHis or Her Guardian.
A MinorHis or Her Mother or Father. If neither are living, the by the person in charge of the property.
The Trust for the benefit of anotherThe Trustee.
An estate of a deceased personThe Executor or Administrator of the Estate
Held in ReceivershipThe Receiver
A CorporationA Designee of the Corporation.
A Company or FirmAn Agent or Partner.

Who must sign the personal property rendition?

By law, every person, association, company required to list property must personally sign the rendition. In addition, if a tax preparer completes the rendition then the preparer must also sign and certify that the information is true and correct.

  1. Vicki Christenson

    Personal Property Appraiser

  2. Appraisers Office

    Physical Address
    200 E 8th Street
    Room 113
    Junction City, KS 66441