Calculate Auto Registration Fees and Property Taxes
When looking up your registration fees make sure to connect the first letter of your last name with the month you purchased your vehicle.
- Staggered Registration Schedule and Service Fee Chart for Auto's and Special Interest Vehicles
- Staggered Registration Schedule and Service Fee Chart for 12M or Less Trucks, Motorcycles, and Motorized Bicycles
- Staggered Registration Schedule and Service Fee Chart for RV Trailers 8,000 Pounds or Less, 8,001 to 12,000 Pounds, and 12,001 Pounds or More
- Heavy Truck Recreational Vehicle Schedule and County Service Fee Chart
Title and Tag Fee - $10.50
- When using the Property Tax Check, keep in mind that our office will pro-rate your property tax from your purchase price to your upcoming registration month. For example, if you purchased your vehicle in March and your registration month is in September. You would put Purchase Date to Renewal in the "Calculation Period" drop down. Then enter your purchase date, this is found on the assigned title. If you come in to register and title your vehicle and your registration month is within 60 days, you do have the option to go to the following year. For example, if you purchased your vehicle in March and your registration month is in April, you would figure out the pro-rated amount from your purchase price to your registration month. Then you would clear the fields of your Kansas Vehicle Property Tax Check and then you would select Full Registration Year in the "Calculation Period". Do not change the "Full Registration Year" drop down. This will give your both the pro-rated amount from purchase price to current registration year AND the following registration year.
- Active duty military is exempt from property tax.
- This will be collected in the tag office if the vehicle was purchased from an individual or an out-of state car dealer. If purchased from a Kansas Dealer with the intention to register the vehicle in Kansas, the sales tax rate charged is the combined state and local (city, county, and/or special jurisdiction) rate in effect at the dealer's place of business. If the dealer's rate is lower than Geary County then there will be a sales tax difference that will need to be paid during the time of titling and registration.The rate in Geary County is 9.75%.
- If you reside on Fort Riley your address will determine whether you register in or in Geary County. Please contact either Treasurer's office to determine where you will need to pay your sale's tax.
Add the fees and taxes together to get your estimate. This is an estimate only, based on the information you have entered.
- 2,000-8,000 = $24.00
- 8,001-12000 = $34.00
- 12001 and over = $44.00
If the weight of the trailer and the load combined is less than 2,000 pounds, registration is optional.
If farm trailer, hauling the farmers own product, has a load of less than 6,000 pounds, registration is optional.
For fees on trucks with gross weight of over 16,000 pounds, call the County Treasurer's Office.