Calculate Auto Registration Fees and Property Taxes
Before booking an appointment look over the website to make sure you have everything you need or call our office at 785-238-6021!
THIS DOES NOT INCLUED ANY POTENTIAL LATE FEES OR PRORATED FEES.
Title Fee - $10.00
Tag Fee - $0.50
- Auto's (4500 lbs. or less) = $42.25
- Auto's (4501 lbs. or more) = $52.25
- Trucks = $52.25
- Motorcycles = $28.25
- Motorized Bicycle = $20.00
- When using the Property Tax Check, keep in mind that our office will pro-rate your property tax from your purchase price to your upcoming registration month. For example, if you purchased your vehicle in March and your registration month is in September. You would put Purchase Date to Renewal in the "Calculation Period" drop down. Then enter your purchase date, this is found on the assigned title. If you come in to register and title your vehicle and your registration month is within 60 days, you do have the option to go to the following year. For example, if you purchased your vehicle in March and your registration month is in April, you would figure out the pro-rated amount from your purchase price to your registration month. Then you would clear the fields of your Kansas Vehicle Property Tax Check and then you would select Full Registration Year in the "Calculation Period". Do not change the "Full Registration Year" drop down. This will give your both the pro-rated amount from purchase price to current registration year AND the following registration year.
- Active duty military is exempt from property tax.
- This will be collected in the tag office if the vehicle was purchased from an individual or an out-of state car dealer. If purchased from a Kansas Dealer with the intention to register the vehicle in Kansas, the sales tax rate charged is the combined state and local (city, county, and/or special jurisdiction) rate in effect at the dealer's place of business. If the dealer's rate is lower than Geary County then there will be a sales tax difference that will need to be paid during the time of titling and registration.The rate in Geary County is 9.75%.
- If you reside on Fort Riley your address will determine whether you register in or in Geary County. Please contact either Treasurer's office to determine where you will need to pay your sale's tax.
Add the fees and taxes together to get your estimate. This is an estimate only, based on the information you have entered.
This is a combined weight of your trailer, fully loaded.
- 2,000-8,000 = $24.00
- 8,001-12000 = $34.00
- 12001 and over = $44.00
If the weight of the trailer and the load combined is less than 2,000 pounds, registration is optional.
If farm trailer, hauling the farmers own product, has a load of less than 6,000 pounds, registration is optional.
For fees on trucks with gross weight of over 16,000 pounds, call the County Treasurer's Office.